Don’t be fooled by the size or price of the Streamlight ProTac 2L, it is a workhorse of a flashlight. It is at the lower end of the ProTac line, but there is a lot to love here.
Specs and Features
- TEN-TAP® Programming– Choose from three user selectable programs:S1) high/strobe/low 2) high only 3) low/high
- LED output and run times:
- High for bright light: 350 lumens; 159m beam; runs 3.25 hours; 6,300 candela
- Low for longer run time: 30 lumens; 49m beam; runs 35 hours; 600 candela
- Strobe for signaling or disorienting: runs 6 hours
- IPX7 waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes; 2-meter impact resistance tested
- Includes two 3V CR123A lithium batteries and nylon holster
- Solid State power regulation provides maximum light output throughout battery life
- Rubber push-button tail switch
- Durable, anodized aluminum construction with impact-resistant tempered glass lens
- Removeable unbreakable pocket clip
- Anti-roll head
- Serialized for positive ID
- 4.77” (12.12 cm); 2.8 oz (79 grams)
- RoHS compliant
Tip – To use the TEN-TAP programming feature, tap the button quickly 9 times then on the 10th tap, hold it. when the light turns off the light has been set to the next program setting. So if you were on program 1 (default) you will now be on program 2, pretty simple.
- Small for everyday carry
- Super Rugged
- A strong clip keeps the light secure
- Bright for its size
- Expensive batteries
- Could use more programs – but it is a flashlight for heaven’s sake
- Doesn’t float
- Nylon Holster is a very basic
- Can’t give someone a good thump on the head
- A little old-school comparison, a three-D cell MagLite vs the ProTac 2L – just for laughs…
- Size does not matter
- Output matters
- Look the flashlight works underwater, but no floating
Overall the ProTac 2L is a really nice light, good for the toolbox, glove box, or pocket. For the price, it is a great entry-level flashlight for everyday use. It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of some others on the market, but it does to all the basics very well.
The flashlight looks cool, fits in your hand very nicely, and is very bright. For smaller lights like this, I usually add some electrical tape or some hockey stick tape on the end so I can hold it in my teeth, but did not since we are giving this one away.